Rum and Raisin Rice Pudding
Turn a traditional pudding into something a little bit special.
- 125g(4 ½ oz) dried short grain pudding rice
- 30 g (1 ¾ oz) light brown soft sugar
- 450ml (16 fl oz) skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- A pinch of ground cinnamon, to taste
- Put the rice, sugar, milk and raisins in a medium non stick saucepan and gently heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a simmer and cook gently, stirring occasionally, for 15-18 minutes until tender and the milk has almost been absorbed. Stir in the rum for the final 3 minutes. Divide the rice pudding between four bowls and sprinkle with the cinnamon to taste.