Honey and seed granola
Enjoy this crunchy granola mixture as a delicious morning breakfast or in fact any time of day.
ProPoints Value | 4
Servings | 10
Preparation Time | 5 min
Cooking Time | 15 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy
- 3 heaped teaspoons clear honey
- 300g (11oz) porridge oats
- 15g (1/2 oz) sunflower seeds
- 15g (1/2 oz) pumpkin seeds
- 15g (1/2 oz) flaked almonds
- 15g (1/2 oz) dried cranberries, chopped
- 40g (1 ½ oz) sultanas
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/fan oven
180°C and line a largw bakng tray with baking parchment or foil.
- Gently warm the honey until runny, either in a
small saucepan or for 30 seconds in the microwave. Mix the oats, seeds and
almonds together in a bowl then add the warmed honey and stir well until
everything is evenly coated, and beginning to stick together in small clusters.
- Spread the mixture out on the lined baking tray
and cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes, stirring halfway through, until you
have a golden toasted cereal mixture.
- Leave to cool then stir in the cranberries and
sultanas. Store in an airtight container. Each serving weighs 40g (1 ½ oz).
Try this: For a fruity yogurt granola pot: to make a
coffee-shop style breakfast pot that you
can prepare the night before, start by slicing 75g (2 ¾ oz) drained canned
apricot halves in natural juice (1/3 of a 411g can) and place in the bottom of
a lidded container. Add 40g (1 ½ oz) blueberries and a 150g pot of virtually
fat free apricot yogurt. Top with 40g (1 ½ oz) honey and seed granola and seal
the container. If you’d like the granola to stay really crunchy, carry it in a
separate small container or a plastic food bag, ready to sprinkle on just
before you eat. This will be 6 ProPoint values per serving.
Back to Recipes
Go to Recipe Archive