Hearty chicken soup
Homemade chicken soup is always popular and very simple to make. Serve with 25g (1 oz) finely grated Parmesan cheese, shared between the bowls, for an extra ProPoints value of 1 per serving.
ProPoints Value | 4
Servings | 4
Preparation Time | 5 min
Cooking Time | 15 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy
- 1 litre (1 ¾ pints) chicken stock
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 80 g (3 oz) small dried pasta shapes
- 300g 10 ½ oz) skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 bay leaves
- 150g (5 ½ oz) green beans, trimmed and chopped freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pan, bring the stock to a boil. Add the remaining ingredients, except the beans, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and leaves to cook for another 5 minutes before ladling into warmed bowls. Grind over some black pepper and serve immediately.