Chilli Con Carne
- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 450 g Extra lean beef mince (5% fat), raw
- 1 large Onion(s), chopped finely
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
- 1 medium Red pepper(s), de-seeded and chopped roughly
- 1 teaspoons, level Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoons, level Ground Cumin
- 400 g Tinned Tomatoes
- 200 g Kidney Beans, cooked, red, drained
- 1 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), beef, make up to 250ml with hot water
- 240 g Brown Rice, dry
- 80 g Fat Free Natural Yogurt, (4 tbsp)
Heat a large pan over a medium heat. When hot, spray with low fat spray, add the mince, increase the temperature and cook for 4–5 minutes, stirring all the time until lightly browned.
Stir in the onion, garlic and red pepper and cook for a further 4–5 minutes until the onion has started to soften. Add the chilli powder and cumin and cook for 1 minute.
Add the tomatoes, kidney beans and beef stock and season to taste. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 25–30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packet instructions.
Serve the chilli and rice topped with a spoonful of yogurt, sprinkled with a little chilli powder and garnished with coriander.