- Low fat cooking spray
- 400g (14oz) bananas
- Finely grated zest and juice of a lime
- 200g (7oz) wholemeal self raising flour
- ½ teaspoon mixed spice
- 75g (2¾ oz) low fat spread
- 110g (4oz) light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon runny honey
- You will need a 900g (2lb) loaf tin; non stick baking parchment
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180ºC/fan oven 160ºC. Line the base of the loaf tin with the baking parchment and spray with the cooking spray.
- Mash the bananas with the lime zest and juice and set aside. Sift the flour and spice into a mixing bowl, adding any bran left in the sieve and rub in the low fat spread with your fingers until well combined. Stir in the sugar.
- Stir the banana mixture and the beaten eggs into the flour until smooth, then spoon into the prepared tin. Bake for 1 hour or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Drizzle over the honey. Leave to cool, store in an airtight container for 3 days or slice and freeze.